Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Choosing my DSLR

Initially when i decided to purchase my first DSLR, i have 2 models in my mind. Its either Nikon D40 or Nikon D60. Being a big fan of Nikon (My first SLR was a nikon), i never thought of choosing other brand. After doing some research, i find that Nikon D60 has the most votes. Therefore i decided to purchase the Nikon D60.

When I was in the shop, i was recommended another comparison camera Canon 1000D. When I tried both Nikon D60 and Canon 1000D in my hands, i was hold back by the Canon function. I find that Canon 1000D was more user friendly to me. And according to my friend that accompany me to the shop, it is true that I may need more time to go thru the Nikon manual to start using it. But Canon is definitely easier to use for a beginer. Well, i'm lazy, so i change my mind to Canon. Of course one of the reason also because that i feel more confident with the test photo that i snap using Canon compared to Nikon. Perhaps one day when i'm in more advance stage i'll come back to Nikon.

PS: Choosing a DSLR is quite personal. I may think that A canon 1000D suits me, but it may not suit other people. its best if you can just test it out before decide which one to go for.

No comments:

Post a Comment